- Income group: lower middle income
- National biodiversity index: 0.436
- CO2 emissions (kilotons): 105,214
- Population: 29,559,100
- NDC submitted by nation
- Detailed adaptation plan
- Low climate risk
Empirical evidence from Uzbekistan on NbS effectiveness
- Agriculture / livestock
- Health and wellbeing
- Biodiversity / ecosystems
- Highly vulnerable groups
- Adaptation Outcomes
- Increase resilience / reduce risk
- Protect against extreme events / disasters
- Food security
- Water security
- Protect biodiversity / ecosystems
- Human well-being / health
- Protect natural capital / ecosystem services
- Broad type of indirect action
- Investment in climate change research / monitoring
- Disaster risk reduction
- Institutional capacity building
- Raising public awareness
- Health research / action
Planned Nature-based Action in Adaptation Plan
Conservation of the current fragile ecological balance in Priaralie, combating desertification, improvement of management system, efficient and rational water resources use.
Conservation and rehabilitation of flora and fauna biodiversity, including through creation of local water bodies in Priaralie.
Conservation and restoration of forest resources, including afforestation of the dried Aral Sea bottom.
Restoration of forests in mountain and piedmont areas, conservation of indigenous plant species in semi-deserts and deserts.
Conservation, restoration and maintenance of ecological balance in the protected nature territories.
Improvement of sustainability in management of fragile desert ecosystems.