- Income group: low income
- National biodiversity index: 0.693
- CO2 emissions (kilotons): 2,622
- Population: 6,191,155
- NDC submitted by nation
- Detailed adaptation plan
- Low climate risk
Maintenance of the ecosystems’ environmental services and the preservation of Biodiversity.
Empirical evidence from Togo on NbS effectiveness
Articles about NbS from Togo
- Agriculture / livestock
- Health and wellbeing
- Biodiversity / ecosystems
- Transport / infrastructure
- Rural population
- Settlements in general
- Urban settlements
- Urban population
- Rural settlements
- Adaptation Outcomes
- Protect against extreme events / disasters
- Protect biodiversity / ecosystems
- Human well-being / health
- Livelihood security
- Broad type of indirect action
- Investment in climate change research / monitoring
- Disaster risk reduction
- Institutional capacity building
- Community capacity building
- Raising public awareness
- Broad type of hybrid action
- Coastal / marine
- Climate Smart Agriculture
- Resilient water infrastructure \n / water management
- Resilient energy infrastructure \n / energy management
- Resilient urban settlements
Current Nature-based Action in Adaptation Plan
Project to strengthen the role of conservation of the national system of protected areas in Togo.
Support for the development and community-based restoration of gallery forests and forests of village lands in the plateau region.
Support for the formulation and implementation of Togo’s National Reforestation Programme (PRO).
Support for reducing emissions linked to deforestation and the degradation of forests (REDD+- readiness) and the rehabilitation of forests in Togo (ProREDD+).
PRODRA, the Programme for Rural Development and Agriculture.
Project for integrated disaster and land management (PGICT).
Planned Nature-based Action in Adaptation Plan
Cons/Promotion of urban forestry.
Reforestation and protection of zones with fragile ecosystems (mountainsides, river banks) in the fight against floods, violent winds and erosion.