United Republic of Tanzania
- Income group: low income
- National biodiversity index: 0.674
- CO2 emissions (kilotons): 11,562
- Population: 44,929,002
- NDC submitted by nation
- Some detail in adaptation plan
- Low climate risk
Empirical evidence from United Republic of Tanzania on NbS effectiveness
- Agriculture / livestock
- Health and wellbeing
- Biodiversity / ecosystems
- Transport / infrastructure
- Urban settlements
- Adaptation Outcomes
- Increase resilience / reduce risk
- Protect against extreme events / disasters
- Food security
- Water security
- Human well-being / health
- Sustainable development / green growth
- Protect natural capital / ecosystem services
- Energy security
- Broad type of hybrid action
- Coastal / marine
- Climate Smart Agriculture
- Resilient water infrastructure \n / water management
- Resilient energy infrastructure \n / energy management
- Resilient tourism
- Resilient settlements
- Resilient urban settlements
Planned Nature-based Action in Adaptation Plan
Promoting climate change resilient traditional and modern knowledge on sustainable pasture and range management systems.
Enhancing participatory fire management.
Enhancing forest governance and protection of forest resources.
Enhancing Sustainable forest management.
Mangrove & shoreline restoration programme.
Investment in protection and conservation of water catchments.